July 3, 2010

Travel!

It's no secret - I LOVE to travel.  I love exploring new places to which I've never been...it's scary and exciting at the same time.  I always prefer to have my trusty bodyguard/fiance with me when I want to do a little exploring, just in case. 

Last month, my bodyguard and I went on a mini-cation to Atlanta.  I had won a 2-night stay at the Hyatt Regency Suites Hotel for a mere $30 in a silent auction, so we thought we'd explore the city and a snippet of what it has to offer.  On our first full day there, we went to the Georgia Aquarium.  A-MAZ-ING! 

I loved this one exhibit that housed 2 whale sharks (40+ feet long each!!), a bunch of 800 lb groupers, several breeds of sharks, and giant manta rays gracefully back-flipping in the middle of the humongous tank.  When we first started out in the exhibit, we saw many different windows into the aquarium, each with different perspectives.  We got a feeling as to how large the tank was, but had no idea the enormousness until the end of the exhibit.  Here is an image that captures our surprise ending to an amazing exhibit...but please note that this image captures only a part of the giant glass window.  (You HAVE to click on this image to enlarge it and reveal the beauty of the animals inside...breathtaking!!)


YES, IT WAS EVEN BIGGER...probably triple what you see here.

If you are lucky enough to live close enough to drive to Atlanta, you have got to make time to explore the Georgia Aquarium.  It was worth ever penny of the $30 admission price.  We can't wait to go back!

BWS tips button

3 comments:

  1. That's an awesome shot! I love visiting aquariums. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The people look so tiny next to those fishies! What a wonderful time. So nice to enjoy a real city once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the perspective on this shot - it really does make the people look so small!

    ReplyDelete