May 12, 2010

Re-evalution

As you can see, it's after midnight in my corner of the world, and I am still awake.  This has become the norm as of late, due to putting in a full work week at the office, interning once a week, and building my photography business.  I really can't complain - I'm realizing my dream of owning my own business and being a photographer.  But when I clock in sometimes 80+ hours a week of working, it begins to take a toll on my health (I get the "You look tired" a lot), my sanity (5 hours of editing sand gnats out of photos can do a number on ya), and most importantly, my family.  I don't have a laptop, so I pretty much live in the home office after dinner until way past Jason's bedtime.  I get visits from Jason, MacKenzie, and Dash.  Dash sits next to my chair and sighs and growls and whines very loud in disapproval.  Yes, yes, Dash Doodle, Mama needs to go to bed.  It's become a cycle, really.  I'm so lucky to have a fiance who is very supportive of my dreams and career goals, and without him, I'm not sure if I would stay as motivated as I have been for the past 5 months.  (Thanks, bub.)   

So what am I saying here?  I'm not exactly sure I know, but it was meant to be thoughtful and insightful and all that crap which is not forming well in my brain at this hour.  I guess I am simply going to tell you that I'm allowing myself to let my blog run loose for a while so that I can make more time for the people (see the aforementioned creatures) and things (sleep, food, potty breaks, maybe a shower) that are important.  Don't get me wrong, the photo shoots are still coming in (4 this weekend!) and that means much editing to do.  But I'm going to allow myself to not feel pressed to update my blog...or my Facebook fan page, at that...for a little while, discover where I am frivolously wasting time during the day (guilty of too much surfing other photogs' FB sites), and see if I can't make some more time for the other really good stuff in my life. 

So see you soon...but not too soon.  I promise that when I return, I'll bring with me some good news and some even better images.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment