June 21, 2011

Feathered Friends {Jacksonville Zoo}

This Easter marked our 3rd annual trip to the Jacksonville Zoo.  It was spectacular, as usual.  I recently came across the images I took and realized that I had been so busy since April, I hadn't had time to edit them properly.  So this week, I am bringing you my favorite birds from this year's trip.

I think back on my trips to the Cleveland Zoo as a little girl, and how the bird were "sooooo boring" compared to the lions, tigers and bears.  (Oh, my.)  These days, they're top on the list of my favorite exhibits.  The variety of color, shapes, sizes and, yes, personalities, make these feathered friends such a pleasure to observe and photograph.





Check back in a few days for images of my favorite zoo friend, who is tall, dark and...silver?  I got a special up close and personal experience with him this trip, and he was absolutely fascinating.  Any guesses as to who he is?  You'll have to stay tuned to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment