November 26, 2009

My List of Thankfulness

This Thanksgiving is filled with firsts. I am spending my first Thanksgiving away from my family in Cleveland, Ohio. It's my first Georgia Thanksgiving. I will also be roasting my first turkey ever. (Jason wanted to fry a turkey in the spirit of Georgia, but I wouldn't let him. That's one first we can save for unimportant day.)

This year, and every year, I have so much for which to be thankful, and often times it's easy for me to take it for granted. So here's a small list of some of the important things for which I'm thankful:

1. My best friend, the love of my life, my better half, Jason, who spoils me with love, affection, support and encouragement.

2. My mom, grandparents and sisters - the most supportive family ever!

3. My dogs, MacKenzie and Dash, who put love in my life and a smile in my heart.

4. A beautiful home.

5. A new car that has air conditioning, working seat belts, a radio that doesn't take time to warm up on cold mornings to a decent volume, power steering fluid that is not a milky red color, and one that hasn't caught on fire yet. (Thanks, Obama.)

6. Food. All of it...except cooked carrots.

7. My very few, close friends, who are quick to support, slow to judge and have no problem picking up where we last left off...even if it was a year ago...since we are all busy people.

8. Jason. (He's worth a second mention...most days.)

9. I am thankful I got the premature gray hair instead of the tallness and the big nose.

10. I am thankful to have opportunity to live my life the way I want and the chance to pursue my dreams when I am ready. It is largely to the credit of our military, past and present. Thank you for keeping me safe and making this country great!

11. Honorable mention: sushi.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving and may both your family gathering and the thanks in your heart be bountiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment