February 5, 2010

Permission to SOAR!

A few months ago, my photog friend, Kim, introduced me to photographer Me Ra Koh. Besides being an amazing photographer, Me Ra is an empowerer of women who dream of being photographers...she empowers women to push past their comfort zone and dig deep to discover themselves, nurture confidence, and, therefore, achieving, fuller, more meaningful lives. She is giving women around the world a wake up call...the ones who are creative and talented but lack inner confidence and the "inner-permission" to break free from their rut and achieve their dreams!

I have always thought that I was a confident person, and I am to an extent. And I have accomplished many wonderful things that took confidence to achieve. But for the past few years, I have lacked the drive to get out there and accomplish what I dream to accomplish...to be a self-supporting, successful photographer. Why? It seems to boil down to self-doubt and fear regarding being good enough, followed by lack of sufficient funds. (That was an incredibly honest statement right there.)

So with Me Ra Koh's help and with the help of the Soar Sisters, this year is going to be the year that I allow myself the permission to succeed and allow my heart and soul take my passion to levels I didn't know existed for me. And it is so wonderful to have Jason's full support, both emotionally and financially. He is the biggest supporter of my dreams and new career, something I have not experienced with any man in my life. (Except for you, Grandpa!) He is my ideas man and my biggest cheerleader. It was he who suggested I begin this new chapter in my life in a big way: when someone asks me what I do for a living, I will not respond with something like, "I work at the college as an accounting assistant, but I would love to start my own photography business someday." No, sir. Instead, I am going to say, "I am a photographer."

Let the journey begin...I am ready!



Me Ra Koh

No comments:

Post a Comment