August 6, 2010

Byron Colby Barn - Rustic Wedding Venue

Recently, I was honored by the invitation to photograph a very special wedding in the Chicago area.  I cannot tell you how excited I am to be such an important part of this couple's big day.

I am anxious to book my flight this week - I've never been to Chicago, and I am excited to get a little taste of this amazing city the day over Labor Day weekend.  I don't know too much about the area, or the venue where the wedding and reception are being held, so I did a little research.  I thought I was excited before, but now I can hardly stand it!

About an hour away from the heart of Chicago is the Colby Byron Barn in Grayslake, Illinois.  Built in 1885 for use as a county dairy barn, the barn and premises has an enchanting and rustic aura.  It was restored in 1996 to serve as a community center.

The happy couple will be exchanging vows during a classy ceremony in the courtyard, with a lively reception in the barn to follow.

(Photo: TheKnot.com / Olivia Leigh Photographie)

(Photo: www.prairiecrossing.com)

Sunflowers, live blue grass band, two-step dancing, cowboy boots...it sounds like we are all in for an amazingly fun evening!  I cannot wait to be there.  (Am I gushing?  I'm gushing.  Sorry - I can't help myself!)

Stay tuned for images from the big day...only a month away!

1 comment:

  1. what am amazing location! I am sure that you will do it justice with your photos.

    ReplyDelete