June 5, 2010

Atlanta {Getaway}

I won a 2-night stay at the Hyatt Regency Suites in Atlanta (with free breakfast buffet tix for both mornings) in a silent auction last year for $30!  Jason and I finally got some free time on Memorial Day weekend and decided to make the trip.  When we arrived at the hotel, I was surprised to realize that we were staying 2 blocks away from where I filmed my commercials this past December! 

Here is our trip in a nutshell: Swedish meatballs at IKEA, fashion observation at Atlantic Station, amazing dinner at Houstons, Georgia Aquarium (see next post), Centennial Olympic Park, incredible alligator tail & crawfish dinner at Pappadeaux, World of Coke, chili cheese slaw dogs at Varsity, and several searches for a Kohl's...not no avail.  We had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back to explore more of what Atlanta has to offer!

Fountain at Centennial Olympic Park



I really enjoyed photographing the kids having fun splashing around!






Me with the man who brought the Olympics to Atlanta
(Yes, I am a dork.)




Sights downtown




Varsity  - An Atlanta hot spot since 1928.  Yummy chili cheese slaw dogs!



The World of Coke
(We thought it was okay...)



My handsome fiance before the Happiness Factory documentary...



And after...it worked!  :)



Checking out the Christmas Coca-Cola memorabilia

No comments:

Post a Comment