March 14, 2012

Cottage Flowers {Wedding Vendor Wednesdays}

When it comes to choosing flowers for their wedding day, many brides don't really know where to start.  That's why hiring the right floral designer is so important.

One of my favorite floral designers in the area, hands down, is Gay Whatley of Cottage Flowers.  Gay has been working in the floral industry for the past 29 years.  She began her own business 20 years ago and has loved every minute. 

Gay has had the honor of creating floral designs for grand Sea Island events, celebrity weddings and small, personal in-home weddings...and she has loved them all.  "I was even honored with the opportunity to provide flowers for Governor Bill Clinton's "Man of the Year party in Arkansas!"  Another "wow" moment for her?  "The absolute best was when I had a bride change her wedding date so I could do her flowers!"  After nearly 30 years, Gay still feels the same way about her career.  "I don't even think of this as a job.  Every day when I walk into my shop, I feel like a little girl going into her playhouse."

Gay is talented, passionate about her job, and super easy to work with.  When you meet with her, she becomes an instant friend and wants to help you make your dream wedding a reality.  "I want my brides to know that I am at their service.  It is their day, and I want them to know that what they want is what I will do.  I can work with anyone's budget.  I can provide brides with ideas or suggestions that will give them more bang for their buck!"

Last weekend, I had the privilege of following Gay to Villa de Suenos to photograph some of her gorgeous designs while she set up a wedding.  I think the images speak for themselves as to the caliber of her work and the variety of designs she can create for one event.













Isn't she brilliant?  When you are ready to talk flowers, Gay Whatley is ready to help!  Call Cottage Flowers at 912.268.2307.  You can also visit her website at www.cottageflowersbygay.com.  Tell her Jennifer Leigh Photography sent you!  And don't forget to congratulate her on her own upcoming wedding - I look forward to photographing her on her very own big day this September!

No comments:

Post a Comment